Monday, March 10, 2014

Mama guilt

Happy girl
Today Peyton had day 6 of fever, so dada finally allowed me to take her to the pediatrician. Luckily her blood work came back normal and the doc said she must be on the upswing.  I cherished the rest of my morning with her by taking our first walk of the year! It was finally warm enough!!!!!

I found myself in tears on this walk.  This was the first day in such a long time I had weekday one on one with her. I look back at the fall and winter. I never saw her in daylight.  We'd leave for school/work before it was light out and by the time we got back home it was dark.  During two evenings a week, I had joined a moms group and a couples small group at Church to meet people in the area.  While I've enjoyed meeting some wonderful families- and cute little playmates for Peyton, it has taken precious little time away from us.  I have become really bitter and hard on myself.  It has become horribly difficult for me to drop her off at daycare.  She can sense that I'm upset and I fear that's creating a separation anxiety issue for her.  

Today I started looking for part-time opportunities. It may take awhile to find a reasonable fit, most are variable evening shifts, lots of weekend hours- Jon works evening and weekends so thats not sustainable for child care. I just pray that I am thoughtful in my decisions, that I consider the benefits of a child seeing her mama supporting her family with a rewarding job but also having her know that I put family first.

Baby love