Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sesame Street Soiree

Popcorn please
Fifth row baby! Peyton thought her first concert was a hoot. She has never watched Sesame Street but has read their books, so she's familiar with the gang.  Elmo is number one in her eyes but she also hearts Zoe, Ernie, and Big Bird.
  • Preparation: she played with her Ernie and Bert puppets at home.
  • First act: she bobbed her head up and down in between gulps of popcorn. Lots of clapping, pointing. "Elmo!!!!!" say exclaimed as she stood up on my lap. 
  • Intermission: we walked up the stairs to the nosebleed section to get the wiggles out. 
  • Second half: "mama coat, mama hat, mama hat!" Peyton was ready to go. Fourty minutes in, not bad. Unfortunately I was very bummed that we missed the finale.  
P.S. I still have my vintage Prairie Dawn felt pennant from Sesame Street Live 1980s and I'm proud of it.

Break it down Bert 
Elmo <3
Common interest